Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 18, 2013

Elijah's Bed

Elijah turns 11 this month! Yikes! They get big fast. 
He has been wanting a loft bed for as long as I can remember. So, for his birthday we decided to build him one.

my inspiration picture

,

We do not have the wood detail..quite the opposite. I have a window right in the way!





I took a deep breath, got over my symmetry issues, ignored the window, took the old bed down, cleared the room, and swept the floor, all by...


Not to bad! And that was the end of my part. The boys took over from there.








More to come tomorrow.. He actually got to sleep on it the first night. It went together pretty fast. We are finishing the underneath desk parts today, and I still have to paint it out.



1 comment:

Darla said...

Can't wait to see!!