Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Moving Forward

Over Thanksgiving break we went Charlotte, NC to spend some time family. We enjoyed our stay, ate way to much, and got a little shopping in. I had been saving my money for a trip to Ikea. There is one conveniently located 15 minutes from my brother-in-laws house! I had been keeping a running list of things needed to get the house ready for our home study.
Which, by the way, begins on the 14th! Yeah!


The most exciting find was the Mydal bunk beds.


MYDAL Bunk bed frame, pine Length: 77 1/8 " Width: 41 " Height: 61 3/4 "  Length: 196 cm Width: 104 cm Height: 157 cm
Coming in at only $159.00,  you really can't buy the pine and hardware for that. I love the simplicity of them, and after I got home, I found this picture...


Pinned Image

This is two sets of the Mydal beds back to back. I love it! I even have the same long wall. At this point I only have one set because I still don't even know if I am getting a boy or a girl or their age. But, I love the idea.


I painted both of the kids rooms Benjamin Moore, Silver Chain. It is a really soft shimmery grey. The girls love it and the boy loves it! If I have to switch rooms, all will be happy!


I also bought new curtains for my bedroom. Yes, I bought them. I am tired of sewing, I am out of time, and at $29.00 for 2 linen panels..... need I say more. 


RITVA Pair of curtains with tie-backs, white Length: 118 " Width: 57 " Weight: 5 lb 5 oz  Length: 300 cm Width: 145 cm Weight: 2.40 kg
I got the creamy white color. They look much prettier in person. I really will get pictures up soon. The lighting in my house is so tricky; it is very hard to get good pictures. My camera is not the greatest.... I will keep trying. 

2 comments:

Tina B. said...

So excited for you ALL Molly! And by the way when I read you wanted to go to IKEA, my first thought was no.she.didn't. go to IKEA and didn't call or let me know you are in the area. and then I finished reading your the sentence. :) It's 10 mins from me if you ever want to come up. just a thought. :)

Clay in the Potter's Hand said...

I Love those beds!!!