Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The adoption process

Well, we are dropping off all of our paper work for our home study today! Yeah!!! 

While I know that all of this is a necessary part of the process, it has all felt very sterile. Because there is no belly to rub, no little kicks to feel, it is very hard for it to feel real in the middle of eighty-seven trips to the doctor's office, background checks, and fingerprinting!   I have been surprised by how frustrated I feel. Not frustrated by the process, but frustrated by not knowing who I am doing it for. And so I pray. Pray for the little boy or girl or both. Pray for their safety, pray for their health, pray for them to be with their forever family soon.

5 comments:

LORIENDEVON said...

Soon, soon, soon! Can't wait;)

amiracle4us said...

YEA!!!! One step closer!!!

Lauren said...

praying with you and so excited for this next step!!

My Many Moments said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! We just submitted all our Home Study paper work too! Doesn't it feel good to send those documents off?!
We are now starting our Dossier. Do you have to do that as well? You are in my prayers during this exciting time.

Camille said...

Thinking of you and the little one who will be happy and at home in your family soon!
Camille