Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 26, 2011

Adoption


         While I don't have tons of information to offer, I would love to share our process so far, and   try to explain how we came to our decision to adopt.
         It is humbling, overwhelming, and exciting all at the same time.  Quentin and I both love kids and have never felt like our family was totally complete. We have always been aware of the many children in need of a loving, safe home.   That God would choose to use us to meet that need in the life of a child amazes me. 
        We are working with Bethany Christian Services in their Older Child Program. It is a state-funded program that works to place children from the state foster care system into loving homes. We are praying for a child or children (yes, I said children) between the ages of 2 and 4.
        After some initial training, our home study will begin. We have already begun work on the list of things that have to be done to get the house ready. I think everyone needs a home study hanging over their head to help them get their projects done. Its a great motivator! 
     We already did the huge room swap. Now I just have to get through an enormous punch list of things to complete and finish everything.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

look i am first. i hope all goes well. you have a very loving home to offer to a child.
chani

Whitney said...

woohoo!!!!!! let me know how we can help you guys....can't wait to meet the rest of your family! :)

Lauren said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to meet the little one(s) God has already planned for your family! We love you and are praying for you!!

Charity said...

My husband and I are getting ready to start the journey of adopting through the foster care system, as well! So nice to have found someone a few steps ahead of me. :) I'll be checking in often!

Kimberly Bonham said...

Yay! Exciting. God is soo good!