Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Celeste

A few months ago we went on a mission to pretty up the "front" back porch. We go in the back porch, therefore making it the "front" porch. I really went to purchase a fig tree for the living room, but the man at the nursery said it would not do well inside. It really needed to drop its leaves and have a normal season cycle. So, I bought it anyway! As the man was loading the tree in the car he kept telling me to be careful with Celeste. Well, Bridget held it together until the man left and then she lost it. We both were laughing pretty hard... Had this guy really named this tree? 
When we got home, we realized the tag on the tree said Celeste. It was the type of fig tree. Then we laughed all over again!! So anyway, she has been Celeste every since. (Maybe you had to be there)


  I did decide to put her in a pot on the porch to hide some of the ugly cable and utility shut off stuff. She is covered in little figs and we can't wait for them to ripen!


Here is how we started. Notice the bare rail on the right.

A Japanese Pencil Boxwood.

I found these pots at Joann Fabrics for 50% off. I was very excited. Pots are expensive!


I can't remember what this is. I just bought it because it was a shade plant and it was pretty! 

The not so attractive non-railing with the paint peeling off.

the beginning of the small deck that will cover the sink hole by the porch.

This is what everything looks like now!


Celeste!

Notice the lattice behind Celeste.

The deck.

The peeling paint is gone, and the same lattice is in place.





I have to give a special thanks to a few guys in the church who did all the carpentry! They donated all their time willingly and let me come up with the plan! Thank you so much!













5 comments:

Lauren said...

it looks even more beautiful in person! ;) I love the celeste story - I can just see Bridget losing it as soon as she got in the car! haha

chani rogers said...

the story about cleste is funny. I can't wait until they are ripe as well. I hope I get to eat one :)

Camille said...

Molly -- I love all of the green! it looks soooo great. I bet your are thrilled. Fingers crossed that Celeste won't drop her leaves.
Camille

lisaroyhandbags said...

Celeste looks great! I think every plant deserves a name - I may have gotten that from my mother years ago. I just found your blog and it's great :)

Tammy said...

Love the lattice. Love Celeste!!! I TOTALLY understand the laughter about Celeste. My girls and I would have been howling the whole way home too!!!
Enjoy your weekend!
Tammy