Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I haven't intended to drop off the blog planet, but it has been really hard to finish the last few weeks of school and blog. The kids are testing this week, which always freaks me out a little.
We have had a great year, but have they learned everything that will be on those tests?!? 


I have been working on the buffet in the kitchen. It is slowly coming along. 








I still have some distressing to do, and I need to seal it. I have not yet decided on the knobs. I have to get knobs soon though; if one more person shuts the drawer, I will lose it!! I puttied over the existing knob holes; so, when you close the drawer there is no way to get it open!! You have to use a butter knife and hope you don't chip the drawer. (I have 2 chips already) I think I will go to Lowes today and look.


This style pull is what I think I want. I love this look from


I still have the old hardware. It is kind of cool, but not the look I am going for. If anyone would like them, please let me know. I would love to give them to someone who can use them. Just pay shipping.



3 key shields, 10 pulls, and 2 of the little knobs..

Have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

Darla said...

I know what you mean about the testing! I'm freaking about it already, and we won't have to do it until NEXT may! haha. cabinet looks amazing!

Camille said...

Painting all of those coats and waiting for them all to dry is interminable, isn't it?

I hear you about testing -- I used to dread this time of year when I was teaching for the very same reasons!

Clay in the Potter's Hand said...

You are so good at painting furniture! I'm still thinking about doing my chairs. I might be calling on you for some help ☺ since I have zero experience at it.

Thomas said...

i will take the hardware if no one speaks up. they are fab. do i have to pay shipping?
you could use the butter knife to distress.:)
c