Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 4, 2011

Slings

the industrial cottage slings
 spring 2011



All pictures by LorienDevon



Our Sling sizing chart
Because many of you are probably looking at slings in various stages of your pregnancy, it is easier to measure around your back instead of trying to take into account the size of your beautiful, growing belly!
Just follow the pictures below..

Start at the top of your shoulder, about where your t-shirt seam would sit.

Measure around your back to the opposite side of your body, just to the top of your hip bone.

this lovely lady is an ex-small.

ex-small: 23-25"
small: 26-29"
Medium: 30-33"
Large: 34-36

You will probably wear the same size sling as fitted t-shirt. If you have larger breasts please
 go up one size to account for them. For instance, if you are measuring a small, but normally would by a medium fitted t-shirt because you have larger breasts, you will want to order a medium sling.  
We can do custom sizes as well. Please just e-mail me with any questions.
If you order the wrong size, please e-mail me and we will exchange it!


Wearing Instructions/Baby Safety

If you are right handed, hold the sling in front of you with the decorative fold-over facing out.

Place your right hand through the sling.

slip the sling over your head.

adjust to make it comfortable.


Pick up sweet little baby,

Ease baby into sling feet first.

As her feet go in, slowly lower the rest of the baby back into position.

You may need to adjust the baby a little to make sure she is up and not sitting hunched over.
You should see baby's face at all times! Please note that the baby does not have to be swaddled. Swaddling works well on younger babies, but is not a necessity.
Please visit the link below for safety information before wearing your sling.





A special thanks to all my "Sling Mamas" and their precious little ones: Whitney of Navy Beans, Lauren of Poppy Lane, Heather, Chani, Sarah, and Amy.

29 comments:

Darla said...

I have no need for a sling at this point in time, so I don't need to be in the give away. Just saying I love all the pics of mama's and babies! They are so good and so cute! They show your gorgeous product off well!

the industrial cottage said...

There is more than baby slings in the store, if you want to take a look.

LORIENDEVON said...

Love it! My favorite sling design is the charcoal. Oh, how I hope I win!!:)

LORIENDEVON said...

I LIKE you!!!

LORIENDEVON said...

I am your friend!!!! On facebook and in real life:)

My Many Moments said...

They turned out so cute! I love all of them! I don't have a baby of my own...YET, but I am throwing a baby shower for one of my best friends and this would be the greatest gift!

Clay in the Potter's Hand said...

I'm already a follower and you know which is my favorite sling... the one you made for my niece! ☺ (Grey Zig Zag) Great tutorial and all the mamas and babies are beautiful! Love you ALL!!! And I would love to win the 50% off coupon because I've been eyeing one of your pillows!

Clay in the Potter's Hand said...

I "liked" you on FB, too.

Merrick said...

My favorite sling is the charcoal!

Merrick said...

I 'Liked' you on Facebook! :)

Whitney said...

i like them all!!! but i think the patchwork one is my fave.

Whitney said...

i liked you on facebook. (and all the time!)

Whitney said...

OH! i would love if you had a button for your blog and/or store - i'd give it a prominent spot on my blog! :)

Michelle said...

I love the one with green fabric on this inside, would love to use it with my niece!! You are so talented!!

Michelle said...

I also became a follower : ) Love your stuff!!!!

Michelle said...

I liked you on facebook : )

Becca Harley said...

I became a follower - BTW I love love love your blog:)

Becca Harley said...

my favorite is the soft blue floral sling

Becca Harley said...

I liked you on facebook:)

MamaMimi said...

I'm a friend of Lauren's {poppy lane} and thank goodness she told me about our giveaway b/c I am IN LOVE with your slings! I am your newest follower ;)

MamaMimi said...

I like you on FB =)

MamaMimi said...

I'm IN LOVE with the yellow sling!!!! I think it will compliment my little Ethiopian in hot pink every day ;)

Thomas said...

I am your friend and faithful follower here at industrial cottage!
great job Molly
chani

Thomas said...

I like the charcoal sling. Super cool.
I like my funky sling, you are the best out there! The sling totally saved me on our vacation. Thanks Ind. Cottage.
Chani

Thomas said...

I liked you on FB
chani

Becky said...

I liked you on FB

Becky Howard

Becky said...

I LOVE the red sling :o)

Becky Howard

Becky said...

I'm a follower!! I'd love a sling..I want to be part of the "cool crowd!" Would be helpful with the princess now...but more when the new one gets here!

Zane Wooder said...

The baby looks so nice and comfortable. Hopefully he or she is warm in there.

http://theindustrialcottage.blogspot.ca