Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 11, 2011

Confession Time..

It has been a long time since I posted anything about the multipurpose room. The truth is, I have been stuck. Everything I try, I am to afraid to commit to, and I think I have figured out why.
I am in love with all things white. 

Every time I try to add color, I end up changing it or not liking it. I have had so much trouble adding finishing touches to rooms because I am never in love with the outcome. 


S0, now that I am willing to admit it, what do I do about it?


Break out the white paint of course! 

 I want an all white cottage! I have never gotten tired of the things in my house that are white. Why has it taken me so long to come to this conclusion? Who knows! I am slow, I guess.


Here is what I did this weekend to start the white transformation.  I painted the large mirror in my living room. It is now white, and the room looks huge. I have had the shelf behind the couch since we moved in. Quentin made it for me, and I love it. It looks so much better with something white on top!



This is the mirror in December. (Yes, I figured that out without a date stamp of my camera!)
Here is what it looks like now.


My slipcovers had a bath today! 

My T.V. Cabinet was black.



The kitchen mirror even got a face-lift.


It will take a while to get everything white, but I will keep you posted!










10 comments:

Tina B. said...

Can't believe u painted the kitchen mirror, it is such a total makeover.

Darla said...

I love white too. So clean!

LORIENDEVON said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Love it:)

My Many Moments said...

The mirror looks great! Can't wait to see the transformation.

Rene said...

I love a white mirror! Our tv cabinet either needs to be painted or to find a new home :) Where did you find that basket holding the pillows? Love that!

the industrial cottage said...

I found the basket at Home Emporium in VA Beach.
I am tempted to go back and get more. They are hard to find!

Teresa said...

I love it all!! and now you have my mind spinning! white or flint???? i think i might need some more white in my life. it is fresh and bright, flint is cozy and comfortable and soothing???

Thomas said...

I am scared of that color.nice work.
chani

Camille said...

Hi Molly,

You've been a busy bee while I've been away. Don't you think that part of the beauty of having design related blog is that you really start to understand your style better? So glad you are getting there! I'm discovering that I love all things painted black. So we must be yin and yang!
Camille

prachi165 said...


Hi,

level of detail is good and the clarity of writing is excellent.I am gonna bookmark this page. :) Hotels in Alibaug

Regards,
http://www.sidzcottage.com