Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not Strong Enough

My little man turned 9 on Monday. Wow! I will try to get some pictures posted. All of his baby pictures have to be scanned in, and my scanner was not working yesterday. I always want to sit down and cry whenever I look at them. Time goes so fast.  The kids birthdays always make me thoughtful.
    My blogging has been pretty slim this month. I have had many major decisions to make this month and it really has drained me. The creative bug has been pushed to the back as I have wrestled with decision making.
I have come to the conclusion that I am just not strong enough....

  not strong enough to educate my children the way they deserve

  not strong enough to be the helper and wife I want to be

  not strong enough to be disciplined in my exercise and eating

  not strong enough to guide and direct a very beautiful, intelligent 14 year old girl

  not strong enough to raise a 9 year old boy who's questions are so deep they scare me

  not strong enough to be the mom I need to be for a creative, adorable 11 year old

  not strong enough to run a business effectively and efficiently

  not strong enough to spend my money wisely

And then God reminds me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of the Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
II Corinthians 12:9-10


So.. I say all that to say, I am very encouraged! If we are honest, we have to admit that our strength is not enough, and the beautiful part is, it doesn't have to be.  I will start today in Ephesians 6....


  "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saint;

7 comments:

Darla said...

Here's a copy of a facebook note I posted a few years ago, I thought it might encourage you!

...I have had this note on my fridge for years. Yesterday due to an unfortunate incident involving exploding pasta sauce, it got ruined. As I was typing it out today to make another, I thought it really is the perfect encouragement to share around.

"If I had a mind to brag a little, I could probably do it without looking ridiculous and I’d still be speaking plain truth all the way. But I’ll spare you. I don’t want anyone to imagine me as anything other than the fool you’d encounter if you saw me on the street or heard me talk.

Because of the revelation, God was afraid I would get a big head. I was given a gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down, what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty.

At first, I didn’t think it was a gift and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that and then He told me, “My grace is enough. It’s all you need. My strength comes into it’s own in your weakness”. Once I heard that I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began to appreciate the gift.

It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride today, with good cheer. These limitations that cut me down to size, abuse, accidents, opposition and bad breaks. I just let Christ take over and so the weaker I get, the stronger I become."

Whitney said...

thank you for your honesty! You are such an encouragement to me...it is nice to know that someone I admire and look up to.....someone who is doing an amazing job as mama....someone who has 3 children I would love mine to turn out like....someone who is skilled in numerous areas....someone who deeply loves and honors her husband....someone who follows Jesus....someone who sacrifices and works at home....struggles with the same lack-of-adequacy feeling that are my struggles. What a gift that we only have to be strong enough to hold on to Jesus! :)

glory said...

Thanks, Molly, I needed that today.
chani

Clay in the Potter's Hand said...

I loved this post so much that I printed it! I hope you don't mind. We really are not strong enough but we know the One who is! Thank you for this post! Like Chani said, I needed it, too.

happyrockcafe said...

It is such a joy to watch all of you bless the Lord with your submission!

My Many Moments said...

I'm right there with you with not being strong enough! But I always think about this saying..." A woman who kneels before God can stand before anyone or anything."
Thanks for sharring
Heather

Amy said...

Very encouraging to me today! Love the reminder to put on the armour of God every day. I love you so much and thank you for searching God's word to find the answers to everyday life. Love that you share. xoxox