Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A lot has been happening at my house over the last week. Quentin has been working 2nd shift so I have had him home all day! We have gotten so many projects done, and no, I haven't nagged him into helping. He has been a very willing accomplice. 


I took down the pictures that were hanging in the kitchen over the stove. I love them, but I really wanted them in the living room, and I was never  totally happy with them in the kitchen. 
I found this picture from High Street Market.





And this picture. I have shown it before from Pure Style Home.



Well, we combined them. The wood shelves from the first picture and the simple brackets from the second!





I love it, but I didn't "see" what I wanted until I took the old down. Try taking accessories or pictures down and reusing them in a different way in a different place. Just removing them gives you the freedom to be creative!

A special thanks to Whitney at Navy Beans for the pictures of the baby set I made. Head on over and check out her cute little boy nursery!

6 comments:

Amy said...

the shelves really look amazing! i love that you find the picture and then you make yours so much better!

Thomas said...

I just saw the set you did 4 landon. the shadow is super!! great work!
chani

Teresa said...

i love the new header! i really really like it! and i love all your pictures. it gives me a quick turn in a magazine without paying for it or taking time to hunt them down on the web.

Laurie said...

Lovely! Does this mean you ditched the metal shelving?

the industrial cottage said...

The metal shelf is still there for now. It is a little bare! I found a really cool old record player console on the side of the road. I am going to paint it and put the rest of the things that were on the metal shelf onto it. I think.

thevintiqueobject said...

Yay for new shelves in the kitchen. They look really nice! I'm catching up after several days of house guests, and you've been very busy with your closet doors and new coat rack. I bet it's nice to feel like there's time to get things done!