Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Grocery Shopping!

I really don't mind grocery shopping. However, by the 3rd store I am about over it. I usually go to Sam's Club for the veggies, meat, and cheese; Walmart for all the miscellaneous stuff; and Trader Joe's for all the milk, eggs, chips, and gluten free stuff. I have tried narrowing it down to 2 stores, but it just doesn't seem to work. There is always some crucial  ingredient that I can't get.


After spending a small fortune on food, I feel the need to decorate with it! I know that sounds stupid, but if I can use some of the fruit and veggies to make the kitchen look beautiful....... One of my favorite (although somewhat silly) things is my egg bowl. It decorates the inside of my refrigerator. I take all the eggs out of the carton and put them in a lovely white bowl. The bowl looks much better on the shelf than 4 egg cartons. (You also don't have to wonder which carton has been opened.)


 Ok, maybe I will buy some Eucalyptus (one of my other great loves.) at Trader Joe's. We are having company this weekend after all, and there are only so  many times you can open the fridge, point and smile!


Have a great Friday! 

5 comments:

Whitney said...

glad to know we aren't the only family that consumes 4 dozen eggs a week! :)

LORIENDEVON said...

You could always set the eggs out on the counter for a bit; I'm sure it wouldn't hurt a thing;)

Clay in the Potter's Hand said...

I really like this post! And I think I'm gonna steal your egg bowl idea. Yes, it looks much nicer than styrofoam cartons. And just think of this verse and be encouraged as you trek all over for food...
"...she brings her food from afar"
Proverbs 31:14 ☺

My Many Moments said...

Hi Molly! It's been awhile since I stopped by your blog and had so much fun catching up. Your posts are great. Are you totally gluten free? Have any baking tips? I love the barn looking doors you installed. I took a look at your etsy store and I'm in love with that cow hide pillow.
Take Care,
Heather
mymanymoments.blogspot.com
Oh....I'm now your 25 follower :)

Queen Bee said...

I completely understand. I like my eggs in s bowl or basket also. And as far as decorating with your groceries Genevieve Gorder from Dear Genevieve thinks you should only use groceries and flowers to decorate your kitchen.