Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Banded Roman Shades

I am a very claustrophobic person! Looking out my window through blinds makes me feel like I'm in prison. I have been working my way around the house replacing all blinds with either roman shades or curtain panels. While I have always been attracted to banded romans shades, I have yet to make any for my house. I love their clean lines and symmetry, but I usually end up with plain white denim. I know I love it and I won't get tired of it. Well, I decided that it was Elijah's room's turn for some love. (partly because his shades are disintegrating before my eyes.)


I only have one done, but here is what it looks like..


The only thing that could possibly be better than white denim, is white denim with a band of gray!

Sorry, the lighting is terrible.

Now, I just have to finish the other one... 



6 comments:

Caroline said...

Wonderful! I love it! Did you know your mom made some for my girls room 6 years ago? I am so sad I left them, I kept meaning to unscrew them from the window sill but time got a way from me at the end! :) Yours looks really great! Do you have a pattern you could share?

thevintiqueobject said...

I'm so jealous of your ability to sew. You make the most beautiful things!

the industrial cottage said...

When I make the other shade I will try to take step by step pictures and share how I did it. With roman shades, there is not really one right way to do it. I have combined what I think is the best of many patterns I have tried.

Clay in the Potter's Hand said...

Looks beautiful!!!

LORIENDEVON said...

I'll be looking for that step by step tutorial, it will give me a good excuse to wait on making my bathroom roman shade:)

Thomas said...

you are so good. hope the light works out
chani