Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Morning

The Monday after a holiday break.....need I say more?
I got up this morning determined to be on time and put together. I even pulled the sheets off my bed so I wouldn't get back into it.  Quentin sang to the kids to get them out of bed, and I  made them bacon and eggs for breakfast. Feeling rather proud of myself, I got on my exercise clothes and headed for the treadmill.
I got on, hooked myself up (so the machine would at least stop when my tired carcass fell off the back), picked my torture trail of the day, and went to press start. Lucky for me I looked down. Unfortunately, I also opened my mouth and said "Wow! I forgot to put my shoes on!"
Elijah was standing right there. In his best high squeaky mom voice he began to mock "Hey I'm a mom and I forgot my shoes..he,he,he,he..I have no shoes on ha, ha, ha, ha," I have to admit it was pretty funny. I unhooked myself and put my shoes on. If there had been any sheets on my bed I might have gotten back in it.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

thank you for posting that!!! Maybe today was just a shoeless day....it was rainy and cold here and I walked out to the car to leave for the day....in socks. yep. no shoes. :) so tell Elijah you're not the only mom who forgets to put on shoes!! :)