Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The baby days....

Well, this is the room that started it all. I made the baby bedding for my little niece. It was so much fun and so adorable. I wish I could take credit for the design, but alas I cannot. My sister-in-law choose all the fabric and design and I was just the seamstress. But, the juices began to flow and I was hooked. Hooked on baby items..
    I believe it was about a year later that I was flying to Las Vegas to launch my first line of baby bedding. I am sort of an all or nothing girl. Well, no sort of about it. I am an all or nothing girl. We had lots of fun while it lasted for two and half years and slowly tanked with the economy. I learned a ton, met many amazing people, spent a lot of money, and learned that I missed my family. While losing the baby business will not go down as one of the greatest moments in my life, I am grateful it did not continue. The long hours spent away from my family were heartbreaking and hard. I continue to  sew special order sets when they come in. No more mass production for this girl!

No comments: